Saturday, June 14, 2008

Not a child's play!!

My first ever-driving class (I mean the first ever on the road one), I was so so excited about it… As I reached the driving center I was in all smiles… the excitement really reached a great height, and I just kept smiling at everyone, looked as if I had just come back from a heavy course on smile therapy… As I told the counter fellow that this was my first class (and theory class was overJ yippee), he went to call the instructor and told him about it being my first… Guess what! The instructor really got furious and started saying ‘how the hell in the first class itself I make her go onto the crowed heavy-traffic-ridden roads, she’ll get tensed, she’ll have to come earlier’ you bet man, I was really broken but then the counter fellow was like, its ok jus take her today from tomorrow onwards ill tell her to come earlier… that fellow then told me to come by 6 the next day!! I was like ‘whaaat!!’ but guess they were right in their place also… By now the excitement had come back… wow.. I’m at last going to drive hurray!! As I got into the car and started I was so very excited I guess I forgot that it’s the first ever time I’m doing this and thankfully so, nervousness and fear didn’t occupy me.. After the successful drive (mainly because he always had the steering wheel in his control;)) as we reached back he said ‘Aren’t you scared of driving on these roads at all?’ the sudden timing of the question took me by shock and all I could manage was a flimsy smileJ…Then guess what he said ‘I guess its okay you can come at anytime from tomorrow’ you guessed it right I was in my 7th heaven of delight…
Now 7 classes and 35kms since the first day all excitement has died down… just go for class out of practice… I was hardly given full control of the car which mad me madder (is there such a word) I thought all this was a kids game and he should give me total control… today when all of a sudden he stopped helping I was totally caught unaware… the car just kept swerving totally out of control, tried changing gear without pressing down the clutch, did some nonsense n suddenly the car stopped in the middle of the road, heavy horns and abuses from other fellow drivers… oops suddenly the car made a sudden change from a well trained pet to a totally untamed wild animal!!! Sad… guess it’s not as easy as it seems… my salute to all the drivers in the world!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

first time here! just heard that u started blogging :) keep writing!!

ark :) said...

thank u!!!