Friday, June 5, 2009

Healthy fantasies!

What was it that made us run and play always when we were kids.. and now all that joy is happily forgotten for other so called delights like watching TV, or getting glued to the net!!
All these came to me in an incident few days back...
i was tired after having this very long arduous day in the lab. just wanted to reach home asap. As i was just about to shut the elevator, a bunch of sweaty kids come running in. "Oh God! why today..the journey to the 4Th floor is gonna be stinky and noisy!!":( But then what did i see just half the bunch enters.Now, now what are these kids up to.. I saw the other half taking the stairs.They put up this bet about who'll reach 4th floor first and ring the door bell!
Ha ah! how dumb! how can these guys run up faster than the lift which is mechanised and takes up the shorter path! But believe me i was dumbstruck when i heard the doorbell ring just as we reached the fourth floor..These guys in the lift were like crap, they've reached and broke out from the lift..
I don't know what keeps the adrenaline pumping in these kids, but whatever it is, good for them, makes them run and enjoy the true beauties of nature! We have happily forgotten or have ignored all this, but it definitely doesn't mean anything good.
Seriously then I started thinking maybe even I should go out and play sometime. Belonging to a family where morning walks are a daily ritual and even during heavy rains I find my dad either taking umbrella and going for a walk or walk around the house a hundred odd times. Dunno whats it about being fit and exercising daily in my family, but one things for sure, those genes have definitely missed me!
Still even after hundred odd provocation and at times threats from my parents i have hardly spared a thought about exercise,;) the lazy genes are just to dominant in my body, but these kids seriously made me feel worse..
But maybe i should start of atleast trying to keep myself healthy and fit.Wait who am i kidding..No chance! ;)
Some habits die hard!!:)
yawn!:)

1 comment:

vasudha said...

tell me abt it!! adrenalines the right word to use...kids hv plenty rushing thro them! and its consoling to kno they play outside and arent stuck with play stations and tv's...and lol apt ending, lazy female :P...but i shouldnt talk :D! nice post!